How To Join BASF ] | [ Menu Tree ]
| [ Donate ]
Report | AGENDA |
Newsletter | Current Minutes
MINUTES (pdf format):
| 09-10-14 | 08-13-14 | 07-09-14 | 06-11-14 | 05-14-14 | 04-09-14 |
03-12-14 | 02-12-14
01-08-14 | 12-11-13 | 11-13-13 |
08-14-13 | 07-10-13
| 06-12-13 |
05-08-13 | 04-10-13 |
09-12-12 | 08-08-12
07-11-12 | 06-13-12
10-12-11 | 9-14-11 |
NOTE: Over 12 months of minutes
are missing due to absence of secretary and the lack of anybody
willing to take minutes in her absence.
ARCHIVED MINUTES (pdf format):
HISTORY OF OUR ASSOCIATION
How, When, and the Who that got it going
Our old minutes from 2008 displayed here for a little history
benefit for current minutes click
Concise minutes of the meeting on the Beekeepers Association of
Southwest Florida (BASF)
Date: March 5, 2008
Venue: Lee County Extension conference rooms
• 6:30 – 6:50 PM – Refreshments
• Commencement – 6:50 PM
• Roy Beckford called the meeting to order and introduced the
members of the Steering
Committee who were all present with the exception of Tom Allen.
• Present were: Mr. Keith Councell, Mr. Ron Weisburg, Mr. Dennis
Riggs and Mr. Roy
• Roy turned the meeting over to Dennis Riggs. Mr. Riggs announced
the next order of
business to be the nomination of and election of an association
Nominations for President:
1. Mr. Keith Council – Nominated by Otto Parisho, seconded by John
2. Dennis Riggs – declined nomination
• Votes were cast for Keith Councell. Vote was unanimous.
• Keith Councell was elected to the position of President of the
Beekeepers association of
South west Florida.
• Chairmanship of the meeting was turned over the newly elected
President. Election of
Nomination for Vice-president:
1. Mr. Dennis Riggs - Nominated by Ron Weisburg, seconded by Scott
• No other nominees were proposed. Vote was unanimous. Mr. Dennis
Riggs was elected
to the position of Vice-president of the Beekeepers association of
• All other nominations to the executive body was done according to
the constitution and
by-laws accepted on February 7, 2008.
Position of Secretary: Mr. Ron Weisburg
Position of treasurer: Mrs. Virginia Riggs
Position of Representative to the State Association Board of
Managers: Mr. Carroll Rhodes nominated in absentia and was consulted
by phone. Mr. Rhodes accepted nomination and the vote was unanimous.
• Having elected officers, the order of business as mandated by the
by-laws was followed.
• Membership dues were collected by Virginia Riggs and receipts were
• Minutes of the last meeting was shown on the PowerPoint screen,
read by all, and
C. Cowert made a motion to approve. This was seconded by Dennis
• A full beesuit was raffled off – Donated by the Agriculture Agent,
Extension Service. Mr. Scott Edson was winner of the raffle.
• The date for the next meeting was announced (Changed to April 23rd
• The website swfbees.com was shown by Mr. Denis Riggs who also
informed the group
about the taping of an interview by Roy Beckford and Dennis Riggs
for the Fox 4
Morning Blend Television Show.
• Dennis Riggs moved to adjourn the meeting. Bill McCauley seconded.
adjourned at 7:54 PM.
Date: November 28, 2007
Venue: University of Florida, IFAS, Lee
County Extension Service, 3406 Palm Beach
Boulevard, Fort Myers,
Minutes taken by: Roy Beckford,
Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent, Ph: 239-461-
Commencement: 6:45 PM
persons in total attended; 20 males, 7 females.
Introduction and brief address by: Roy Beckford
introduced themselves and gave a brief background on level of participation in
beekeeping and apiculture
Councell gave a brief update on the delay of Mr. Bert Kelly and Mr. Gary
Ranker of the State Association. They were stuck in traffic on Interstate 75.
Beckford asked attendee Mr. Ron Weisburg to speak to the group about the
possible direction the association could take. Ron Weisburg has expertise in
Beckford suggested, as a start, that the group select a core planning
committee to direct the development stages of the association until officers
are selected at the next meeting
PM - Mr. Kelly and Ranker arrives.
Kelly addressed the group and gave pointers on ways to commence the
Questions were fielded to Mr. Kelly on membership issues, dues, adoption of
by-laws; direction other association chapters have taken
Gary Ranker addressed the group and provided print material as models for
a constitution and by-laws
Ranker suggested that the name ‘Southwest Florida’ may be in use as the
previous chapter may be ‘asleep’ and therefore still in existence.
(6) persons were chosen to form a steering committee to implement the
association and determine the next meeting date. The six are: (with area of
expertise and contact information following their names)
Mr. Tom Allen – By-laws
and constitutional writing
Mr. Ron Weisburg –
Association and organizational development
Mr. Dennis Riggs – E-mailing
and website development
Mr. Keith Councell
Mr. Roy Beckford
– IFAS information, mailing list development
Mr. John Ringland
The meeting adjourned at 10:22 PM
Rough Draft for Committees, no information has been provided for website at this
Bee Awareness Day
*Executive Committee is limited to officers and delegate
only... no other members. Membership closed.
**Hospitality & Apiary Committee must be chaired by Vice
President per Constitution & ByLaws
Beekeepers Association of Southwest Florida can use
your help. Please DONATE to support our group's efforts.
We are a now a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization and your donations are tax deductible!:
Notice: You do NOT have to be a member of PayPal (or sign up) to
use your credit card to donate, simply look during the donation process for the
section "Don't have a PayPal account? and click continue.
This document was created on 9/20//08, rev.
©2008 - 2015 Denrig, Inc.,
All rights reserved.
How do I join Beekeepers Association of Southwest Florida (BASF)?
Attend one of our meetings and pay applicable dues to our Treasurer,
or you can DOWNLOAD
Membership Application. Consent/Release Form, and mail it to our treasurer along with
applicable dues. Currently $12 for current year.
If you are not already a member of FSBA then please join FSBA as well;
however, we do not collect dues or fees for the Florida State
Beekeepers Association (FSBA), you must pay FSBA directly:
HERE to Join or Renew your Florida State Beekeepers